Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission for IASLC WCLC 2017 is NOW CLOSED!
Present your research through Oral or Poster Presentations at the world’s largest meeting dedicated to lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies. Connect & Collaborate with more than 7,000 Industry Leaders, Professionals & Researchers from 100+ countries at WCLC 2017.
Abstract notifications were sent on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 09:00 PDT to the presenting author. If the presenting author did not receive the notification, please reach out to [email protected].
The Core Program and Regional Organizing Committee for the IASLC 18th World Conference on Lung Cancer are inviting the submission of scientific abstracts. Authors are asked to submit abstracts under one of the following categories:
- Advanced NSCLC
- Chemotherapy/Targeted Therapy
- Clinical Design, Statistics and Clinical Trials
- Early Stage NSCLC
- Epidemiology/Primary Prevention/Tobacco Control and Cessation
- Immunology and Immunotherapy
- Locally Advanced NSCLC
- Nursing/Palliative Care/Ethics
- Patient Advocacy
- SCLC/Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Thymic Malignancies/Esophageal Cancer/Other Thoracic Malignancies
Clinical Trials in Progress
- The Conference will also accept submissions of abstracts on Clinical Trials in Progress
- They should be submitted in the submission category 'Clinical Design, Statistics and Clinical Trials'
- Encore submissions of trials in progress abstracts are accepted as long as the clinical trial is open for enrollment
- Abstracts will be accepted in English only
- An international panel of reviewers will review all abstracts anonymously
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit (however, an individual may not be offered more than 2 oral presentations)
- All Abstracts accepted by the Scientific Committee will be published in the Journal of Thoracic Oncology (JTO) and the Conference website prior to the meeting and it is mandatory to agree to this at the time of submission
Step 1, Title & Topic
- The abstract title must not exceed 125 characters in length; this includes spaces
Step 2, Authors
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must be registered by August 18, 2017
- There is no limit to the amount of co-authors per abstract
- Financial Disclosure information needs to be completed for EACH co-author at the time of submission through the online abstract submission form; however, information can be provided by the submitting author
- The submitter can view the status of co-author disclosures by clicking on 'Authors' section of the abstract. Those with incomplete disclosures are denoted in red
- If you would like an assistant or other person to receive notifications regarding the status of an abstract, please enter their email address on the text field provided below the list of co-authors
- Please note your preferred presentation format. If you would not be comfortable giving an oral presentation, please select Poster Only. NOTE: Selecting Poster/Oral does not guarantee you will be assigned an oral abstract presentation upon acceptance; the final presentation type is determined by the International Scientific Abstract Review Committee
Step 3, Disclosure
ALL abstract authors are expected to disclose to the program audience any/all relevant financial relationships related to the content of their presentation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per CME guidelines, industry employees cannot present an abstract if the content of the abstract relates to business lines or products of their employer.
- Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships:
The author must disclose all entities producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients, with which the author/the author’s spouse/partner have, or have had, a relevant financial relationship within the past 12 months. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
If the author has a relevant financial relationship, please provide the nature of relevant financial relationship as well as the name of company(s).
- Presentation(s) Content: Faculty responsibility:
The author warrants that nothing in their presentation is libelous or will infringe the rights of any third party. The author also warrants that for any third party materials incorporated into their presentation, they have obtained all necessary permission from the copyright owner of such material. Upon request Presenter agrees to furnish copies of said permission(s) to IASLC. The author is responsible for all fees, royalties and other charges for the use of materials. The author shall indemnify IASLC for all damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, incurred by IASLC as a result of a violation of this paragraph.
Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the CME educational material or content includes trade names, where available trade names from several companies should be used, not just trade names from a single company.
The author must read and agree to the statements above.
- Tobacco Related Remuneration:
The author or an immediate family member of the author in the past ten years received trips, travel, gifts, or other in-kind payments not directly related to research activities, research funding or other funding in an entity having an investment, licensing, or other commercial interest in tobacco or tobacco products.
The author or an immediate family member of the author in the past ten years received research funding, honoraria, gifts etc. from an entity funded directly by an entity having an investment, licensing or other commercial interest in tobacco or tobacco products.
The author must read and agree to the statements above.
Step 5, Preview & Submit
- Please proofread your submission prior to submitting
- Once submitted, you will no longer be able to make edits to the abstract. If you need to make changes prior to the submission deadline, please contact us at wclc2017-abstracts at icsevents.com
- Please carefully review the affiliation of all your co-authors as this is how it will appear in the JTO and as well as the IASLC WCLC 2017 Scientific Program
- In order for an abstract to be considered for Late-Breaking Abstract status, the submitting author must submit a place holder (including author information and disclosure) abstract before the final June 21, 2017 deadline
- The results and conclusion can be omitted but the type of data that will be presented in Late-Breaking Abstract must be described as well as why Late-Breaking status is required
- If you wish to apply for Late-Breaking privileges, you must submit an abstract by the final submission deadline June 21, 2017 (23:59 PST)
- To apply for Late-Breaking Abstract privileges you must send an email to wclc2017-abstracts at icsevents.com, indicating your abstract ID number and explaining why data is not yet available and when you expect it to become available.
- The Core Program Committee will then review your abstract and application. If your application is approved you will be notified and instructed on how to submit your new data by the end of August 2017.
Please note the abstract submitter will need to provide disclosure information for all co-authors at the time of submission.
|Abstract Submission||Now Closed|
|Final Abstract Submission Deadline||Now Closed
|Author Notification of Acceptance||July 26, 2017|
|Presenting Author Registration Deadline||August 18, 2017|
|Late Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline||August 31, 2017|
|Abstract Titles Release Date||September 6, 2017|
|Abstracts Published Online
||September 27, 2017|
For inquiries, please contact wclc2017-abstracts at icsevents.com. If your inquiry is regarding a particular draft or submission, please include the abstract ID in your email.