Advocacy Award Application is NOW CLOSED.
About the IASLC Advocacy Awards
In its efforts to increase links to patient advocates and advocacy organizations around the world, IASLC will offer travel awards to a limited number of patient advocates to attend and participate in the World Conference. The number of travel awards shall be limited to a maximum of 5. Fewer than the maximum amount may be awarded, depending on the interest, qualification of the applicants, and the review process. Applicants for the Advocacy Travel Award will be required to submit a detailed application, a summary of expected outcomes for attending, and any other supporting documentation required for review by IASLC. The award is open to organizations that could show 501(c)(3) or similar type of non-profit status, and to individuals not affiliated with an advocacy organization.
Awardees will receive:
- Complimentary Conference registration
- A fixed monetary amount (to be determined) to help offset travel costs
- Up to 4 nights’ accommodation at one of the Conference contracted hotels
- Free IASLC Membership for 2018
Please note that if your travel costs exceed the fixed monetary amount, the Conference will unfortunately not be able to provide further financial support. Any costs exceeding the fixed monetary amount will be at your own expense.
Eligibility for selection in 2017 will include:
- The demonstration that the organization or individual has limited financial resources – supported through IRS form 990 submission or other documentation;
- Compatibility between IASLC and the advocate or advocacy organizations’ missions, including the ability of IASLC to benefit from and contribute to the organization’s mission;
- Recent and potential future partnerships or strategic endeavors;
- A detailed plan and description of how information about the conference will be shared and promoted with members of the public;
- Priority will be given to first-time applicants and applicants who are not already receiving funding for attendance through their own or another organization; i.e. Global Lung Cancer Coalition;
- The individual applying must be a current member of IASLC for 2017 (visit www.iaslc.org/membership to join);
- You must include the name and email of another IASLC member who endorses your application. Active members can contact the IASLC Regent from your region;
- For organizations applying, you must nominate ONLY ONE individual to represent the organization; multiple applications from individuals from the same organization will not be considered.
For any inquiries, please contact membership at iaslc.org.