Press & Media
All press conferences will be held in Room 418, Level 4F, PACIFICO Conference Center in Yokohama
Sunday, October 15 (13:30 – 14:30pm) Moderator: Heather Wakelee
- Welcome from Dr. Hisao Asamura and Dr. Keunchil Park, Conference Co-Presidents
- Introduction of the Cancer Care Team Award
- Mentorship Award Winners
- Nursing Immunotherapy Guidelines – Kim Rohan, Edward Cancer Centers, USA and Anne Fraser, Auckland District Health Board, New Zealand
Monday, October 16 (10:00 -10:45am) Moderator: Jim Mulshine
- Socioeconomic Factors Affecting Outcomes in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): A Large Population-Based Analysis – Yanyan Lou, Mayo Clinic, USA
- RESPECT-MESO: An International Randomised Controlled Trial to Assess Early Specialist Palliative Care in Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma – Fraser Brims, Curtin University, Australia
- Major Advances in CT Screening: A Radiologist’s Perspective – Claudia Henschke, USA
- Smoking in Japan
- Costs and Cost-Effectiveness of Smoking Cessation Within an Organized CT Lung Cancer (LC) Screening – William Evans, McMaster University, Canada
Tuesday, October 17 (10:00 – 10:45am) Moderators: Harvey Pass and Paul Bunn
- SCAT Ph III Trial: Adjuvant CT Based on BRCA1 Levels in NSCLC N+ Resected Patients. Final Survival Results a Spanish Lung Cancer Group Trial – Bartomeu Massuti, Alicante University Hospital, Spain
- The IASLC Lung Cancer Staging Project: Analysis of Resection Margin Status and Proposals for R Status Descriptors for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer – John Edwards, University of Sheffield, UK
- The Correlation of DLL3 Expression with High-Grade Pulmonary Neuroendocrine Carcinoma Clinicopathologic Features and Prognoses – Li-Xu Yan, Guangdong General Hospital, Guangdong Academy of Medical Sciences, China
- Patient-Reported Outcomes with Durvalumab after Chemoradiation in Locally Advanced, Unresectable NSCLC: Data from PACIFIC – Rina Hui, Westmead Hospital, University of Sydney, Australia
Wednesday, October 18 (10:00 – 10:45am) Moderators: Keith Kerr and Fred Hirsch
- Identification of PD-1 and his history – Tasuku Honjo, Japan
- IASLC Blueprint 2 – Ming Tsao, Canada and Dr. Fred Hirsch, USA
- Exercise Improves Functional Capacity in Patients with Advance Stage Lung Cancer – Morten Quist, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Reducing Lung Cancer Mortality in Disparate Populations through Cancer-Community Awareness Access Research and Education (C-CARE) – Lovoria Williams, Augusta University, USA
Access daily press releases as well as recordings of live press conferences through the following page:
All media representatives are required to pre-register for the meeting and must be credentialed by IASLC before being officially registered.
Journalists, including photographers, must work exclusively for the outlet for which they are credentialed (exceptions for freelance journalists are detailed below). Journalists who use their media privileges to work for non-credentialed organizations will have their privileges revoked. Journalists are required to complete the media online pre-registration form and submit the following:
- A photocopy of official press credentials, such a press card issued by a recognized journalists’ association or a government-sanctioned press organization (IASLC does not recognize press cards issued by web-based organizations such as IFNM) and/or a business card issued by a recognized news organization.
Freelance journalists including photographers may work for multiple publications, as long as they confirm in advance that those publications are eligible for media registration. Freelance journalists must submit the following:
- A letter of assignment on the letterhead of the news organization being represented.
- A recent copy of the publication (a mailed copy, link to the publication’s website or a photocopy of a cover/issue published within the past 6 months).
All interviews outside of press conferences must be arranged in advance with interviewees and must take place in the IASLC approved and designated rooms. No last-minute or hallway interviews are permitted anywhere inside the conference facility. IASLC staff are available to help schedule interviews and IASLC provides designated interview rooms. A limited number of interview rooms are available complimentary to credentialed media and may be scheduled with IASLC staff for up to two hours through this form.
All other interested parties may request an interview room for a fee.
Becky Bunn, IASLC Public Relationship Manager
becky.bunn at iaslc.org
- Companies or organizations producing publications, videos, and other products intended for marketing, advertising, financial analysis, or public relations purposes may not register to attend the meeting as media. This includes any organization that intends to sell or distribute video recorded at the WCLC for monetary gain. Any organization that misrepresents itself in regards to this manner will face sanctions and possible other actions.
- Financial analysts; sales, advertising, or marketing representatives; public relations personnel; book publishers and book authors; and individuals from communications, print, and online promotion services may not register as media, but are welcome to register as regular attendees.
- Media are welcome to attend all general admission Scientific and Educational Sessions. Ticketed sessions, such as "Meet the Expert" sessions, are not open to media.
All interviews outside of press conferences must be arranged in advance with interviewees and must take place in IASLC approved and designated rooms. No last-minute or hallway interviews are permitted anywhere inside the conference facility. IASLC staff are available to help schedule interviews and IASLC provides designated interview rooms. A limited number of interview rooms are available complimentary to credentialed media and may be scheduled with IASLC staff for up to two hours. All other interested parties may request an interview room for a fee.
Abstracts will be made available online on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 5 pm Eastern and in alignment with the release of the Virtual Meeting. Those abstracts scheduled for a press release and presentations in the IASLC 18th WCLC press conferences will be kept under embargo and will not be available until either presented at the WCLC 2017 or released during a press conference, whichever comes first. Once presented or released, the full abstract will be available online. Registrants will receive in their onsite registration material at the conference on a USB drive containing the same material that was released on September 27, 2017.
All abstracts, including those presented in the Press Conferences and highlighted in Press Releases, will be published in the Journal of Thoracic Oncology as a supplement in December 2017.
- Organizations may use social media to disseminate news and information regarding abstracts being presented at the WCLC. All information distributed through social media channels must adhere to the IASLC's embargo policy.
- Organizations promoting their research through Twitter are welcome to include the IASLC's World Conference hashtag, #WCLC2017.
- Members of the media are permitted to photograph or record and transmit/share on any social media platform any presentation's slides without approval from the presenter and/or the IASLC unless explicitly forbidden. Representatives from academic institutions are permitted to share slides, but not for the media to re-transmit. Only non-flash photography is allowed of slide presentations.
We respectfully request that any organization that publishes a news release about any data or event involving the WCLC includes the below reference to the IASLC 18th World Conference on Lung Cancer hosted by the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (learn more at www.iaslc.org).
About the WCLC:
The World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC) is the world’s largest meeting dedicated to lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies, attracting over 6,000 researchers, physicians and specialists from more than 100 countries. The goal is to disseminate the latest scientific achievements; increase awareness, collaboration and understanding of lung cancer; and to help participants implement the latest developments across the globe. Organized under the theme of “Synergy to Conquer Lung Cancer,” the conference will cover a wide range of disciplines and unveil several research studies and clinical trial results. For more information, visit http://wclc2017.iaslc.org/.
Below, please find messaging about the IASLC and the WCLC that can be used in press releases and news articles:
- The IASLC is the only global organization dedicated solely to the study of lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies.
- The organization’s multi-disciplinary membership allows for collaboration among stakeholders, with the goal of uncovering the best solutions for lung cancer patients around the world.
- Members of the IASLC and conference attendees are the world’s preeminent experts in lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies, including surgeons, oncologists, pulmonologists, radiologists, pathologists, epidemiologists, basic research scientists, nurses, allied health professionals and industry representatives.
- The World Conference on Lung Cancer is the premier event for those in the lung cancer field to convene and collaborate. By providing a global stage for the latest scientific advancements and the highest-quality research, the conference advances the treatment of lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies worldwide.
Please be aware that the information and materials displayed and/or presented at all sessions of this meeting are the property of the IASLC World Conference on Lung Cancer. Members of the media are permitted to photograph or record and transmit/share any presentation's slides without approval from the presenter and/or the IASLC unless explicitly forbidden. All information distributed must adhere to the IASLC’s embargo policy. Commercial firms cannot copy, photocopy, transform to electronic format, reproduce or distribute information or materials displayed at this meeting without the written permission of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer. Use of the WCLC/IASLC name and/or logo in any fashion by any commercial entity for any purpose is expressly prohibited without the express written permission of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer.
Interviews conducted through photography, videotaping and audio recording are allowed for news coverage only in the following areas/events:
- Press Conferences
- Interview rooms
- Other designated locations
- Recording in common areas requires permission and/or an IASLC staff escort
Members of the media are welcome to use slides presented during the WCLC 2017 press program in their news coverage of the meeting. However, authors retain the copyright to their full slide presentations and all copyright laws apply to the reproduction, distribution and/or publication of slides.
Presentation Slides and Poster Release:
All presentation slides including audio or video recordings as well as the electronic poster files will be released in the virtual meeting within 24 hours after the presentation but only after the talk or the poster has been presented at the Conference.
Photography, videotaping or any other recording of presentation slides not included in the press program is prohibited unless a news organization is given specific permission by the IASLC staff and the author. This material is covered by copyright and not for wide public consumption without explicit approval.
Live coverage requires the approval of the IASLC. An authorized representative of any press vehicle requiring electrical service or external cabling must be available to coordinate logistical details with IASLC. Live coverage is restricted to designated areas or an area approved by IASLC staff and is on a first-come, first-served basis
Room 421, Level 4F
|Sunday, October 15||15:00 - 19:00|
|Monday, October 16||08:00 - 19:00|
|Tuesday, October 17||08:00 - 19:00|
|Wednesday, October 18||08:00 - 18:00|
For questions, please contact:
Becky Bunn, MSc
IASLC Public Relations Manager
Becky.Bunn at iaslc.org
Failure to comply with these policies may result in the immediate revocation of any privileges of the current WCLC and for future IASLC events.
The IASLC reservces the right to change these policies when needed without notice.