Advisory Board & Ancillary Meetings
All Advisory Board and Ancillary Meetings are subject to approval by the IASLC WCLC 2017 Conference Secretariat.Ancillary Event Request Form
Once the meeting program has been approved, any changes need to be resubmitted to the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org for re-approval.
|Deadline to submit menu, minimum F&B guarantee||July 31, 2017|
|Deadline to submit final AV requirements||August 15, 2017|
|Deadline to submit lead retrieval order||August 15, 2017|
|Deadline to submit host/hostess order||August 15, 2017|
|Deadline to submit PDF sample of signage||August 15, 2017|
|Deadline to submit final F&B numbers||September 4, 2017|
|Deadline deliveries to advanced warehouse||October 6, 2017|
Advisory board and ancillary meetings adjunct to the 18th World Conference on Lung Cancer are not allowed to take place during the official scientific program (including industry symposia) as well as any official social functions including opening ceremony/welcome reception, faculty dinner or conference night.
Ancillary Events/Meetings are ONLY allowed during the following times:
|Any day and time before 18:30||Any time after 19:15*||No adboard meetings allowed due to Conference Dinner||Anytime after 17:30|
The conference offers limited office and meeting space for slide preview rooms, hospitality suites, staff offices, press rooms etc.
The office/meeting space does not include AV/IT or any food.
Any industry meeting whose invited participants are professional attendees of the conference (doctors, physicians, etc.) will be considered an advisory board or ancillary meeting and a fee is required to hold such a meeting. This could include round-table discussions, investigator meetings and meet the specialist‐type meetings. Meetings that would not fall under this category are internal/staff meetings where only your company’s staff were invited (whether attending the conference or not).The fee to host an advisory board meeting includes: meeting space at PACIFICO Yokohama (subject to availability) and a basic AV package including projector, screen, lectern microphone, (if meeting takes place at PACIFICO Yokohama)
Food & Beverages must be ordered through the Conference Secretariat.
Menu selection & minimum guarantee number must be provided no later than July 31, 2017. No decrease can be made to your minimum guarantee. Menu selection or additional order received after July 31, 2017 will be subject to a 20% late order premium fee.
Final selection and guarantee number must be provided no later than September 4, 2017. New orders or increases received after September 4, 2017 will be subject to a 30% rush/late order premium fee. Onsite changes/increase will be looked at on a case-by-case basis pending availability with the venue.
Expenses related to food & beverages are the sole responsibility of the meeting planner hosting the event. A deposit of 60% will be required upon confirmation of the order within 30 days. The remaining balance is payable on receipt of final invoice after the conference.
Please contact us at email@example.com for additional requirements or questions.
You are entitled to place 1 piece of promotional signage as per below specifications.
Dimensions: Each piece must be self standing and maximum 3 ft wide x 7 ft high (1m x 2m)
Placement: Promotional signage can only be placed outside your meeting room
Display Times: Your promotional signage may only be on display during the times listed below:
- 1 Hour before the start of your meeting
- During your meeting
- All signage MUST be removed immediately after the meeting has finished
A PDF sample of your signage must be uploaded to the online portal no later than August 15, 2017.
Your personnel or agents may NOT distribute any meeting literature directly to delegates at the conference hotels nor at the PACIFICO Yokohama, except from within your exhibit booth in the Exhibition Hall.
A lead retrieval system is available at extra cost for your organization to capture information on delegates attending the meeting.
An online order form will be made available soon.
Deadline to order lead retrieval: August 15, 2017
The conference does not provide any staff or volunteers to monitor your session. Hosts/hostesses can be hired through the Conference Secretariat.
An online order form will be made available soon.
Deadline to order hosts/hostess: August 15, 2017
New orders or increases received after August 15 will be based on availability and subject to a 20% late order premium fee.
We will be happy to meet your team once in Yokohama to review your meeting and discuss final logistics.
Pre-con Onsite Meetings will be scheduled for October 12 & 13, 2017.
IASLC recognizes that during IASLC meetings, commercial firms and other organizations may wish to host their own events and activities, for purposes ranging from investigator meetings to providing social and business opportunities for firm employees and meeting attendees. Commercial firms and other organizations wishing to conduct activities during the dates of, immediately prior to, or following an IASLC meeting must notify IASLC of such activities by submitting an Ancillary Event Request to the WCLC 2017 Conference Secretariat. IASLC, in its sole discretion, will determine whether the proposed activity appears to meet IASLC standards and requirements and will notify the applicant if the Ancillary Event Request is approved.
Ancillary activities, including media events, should not compete with the agenda or events of the IASLC meeting. The nature of any ancillary activities should be in keeping with the educational focus of an IASLC meeting. Venues, agendas, and media coverage for ancillary activities should be conducive to scientific interchange; even for social functions, promotional trappings should be minimized and scientific themes, not entertainment activities, should predominate. IASLC representatives may attend any ancillary activity (including investigator and corporate board meetings) held within space held by IASLC, to monitor whether the activity is in compliance with applicable IASLC policies and requirements.
Any industry meetings whose invited participants are professional attendees of the conference (doctors, physicians, etc.) will be considered an Advisory Board or Ancillary Meeting and a fee is required to hold such meeting. This could include roundtable discussions, investigator meetings and meet the specialist-type meetings. Meetings that would not fall under this category are internal/staff meetings where only your company's staff is invited (whether attending the conference or not). You are permitted to hold an Advisory Board or Ancillary Meeting outside the Conference Venue, however, the fee still applies and you are responsible for all logistics (space rental, AV equipment, etc.).
All ancillary activities must meet the following criteria:
- The activity or event must comply with meeting blackout times and be scheduled as to permit attendees sufficient time to participate in official meeting activities and sessions. Please see above for times at which ancillary meetings are allowed.
- The WCLC Conference Secretariat must receive and approve a completed Ancillary Event Request.
- No marketing pieces, invitations, communications of any kind, advertising, or other written or spoken descriptions of the event may use the IASLC name or logo, or otherwise suggest or imply that IASLC has endorsed or sponsored the event. The name of the IASLC meeting may be mentioned one time in each communication for identification purposes, in a reasonably-sized, neutral font. IASLC or the name of the Conference may not be part of a title or heading of the ancillary event, be prominently featured, or listed first in print materials. IASLC slide templates, color schemes, or other means of confusing the event with an IASLC-sponsored event may not be used.
- The following statement must be prominently displayed and included on all advertisements, marketing pieces, invitations, meeting materials, derivative products, etc. for the event: Not an official event of the IASLC meeting. Not sponsored or endorsed by IASLC.
- Meeting signage may NOT include the IASLC name, logo, or name of the Conference except in the required disclaimer above, which must be prominently displayed and included on all signs
- Repurposed or post-meeting/event materials developed as a result of content from the WCLC 2017 Conference must NOT include any reference to IASLC, or the IASLC meeting. Materials must not in any capacity identify IASLC as the sponsor or CME provider.
- No event marketing may be done at the IASLC meeting venue except within the confines of an individual exhibit booth or table. Outside the booth or table but within the IASLC meeting venue, representatives may not set up tables or otherwise distribute or display signs, flyers, invitations, use ushers, or use other means of gathering people for the event.
- An invoice will be sent on receipt of your order. All items are sold on a first come‐first paid basis. Items will be considered sold only upon receipt of payment. In order to avoid delays, we highly recommend all orders/agreements be faxed or e‐mailed. The Conference will not take any responsibility for late or undelivered Agreements via the mail. Items and rates are subject to change without notice.
- PAYMENT: Due 30 days from date of invoice or as indicated. The Conference reserves the right to render this order null and void without notice if payment is not received by the due date.
- CANCELLATION: Cancellation must be in writing. 50% cancellation fee will apply up to July 3, 2017. No refunds after this date. The Conference reserves the right to resell any Sponsorship items.
Should you have any questions regarding advisory board or ancillary meetings, please contact wclc2017-satellite at icsevents.com.