Presently, the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs grants VISA waivers/exemptions to certain countries with special agreements with Japan. If you are unsure of whether or not you need to apply for a short-term VISA to enter Japan in order to attend this conference, please consult this page. If your country is not listed, then you must contact the Embassy of Japan, or the nearest Consulate of Japan in your home country to receive guidance on the application process and necessary documents. For more information click here.
Letter of Invitation
As part of the VISA application process, you may be required to submit a Letter of Invitation from the conference organizing committee. A Letter of Invitation is an official document which confirms a registration payment and extends an official invitation to the paid registrant to attend and participate in the upcoming conference. It provides you with an official reason to come to Japan and will likely form one of the documents required for visa application if you are from a country that does not have a visa exemption agreement with Japan. In order to qualify for a Letter of Invitation, you must meet both of the following criteria:
- Be a registered delegate of IASLC WCLC 2017.
- Have paid the relevant conference registration fees in full.
All letters of invitation will be sent by email from the IASLC WCLC Registration Secretariat as a PDF download and will be sent within 5 working days of request once the detailed criteria have been met. However please note the following:
- Under no circumstances shall IASLC WCLC 2017 provide a Letter of Invitation to any interested party who has not met the two criteria listed above. If you have questions on these criteria or the status of your Invitation Letter please email wclc2017-Registration@icsevents.com
- All questions/concerns regarding the status of your VISA should be directed to the Embassy of Japan or nearest Consulate of Japan in your home country.
- IASLC WCLC is not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing a Letter of Invitation and Registration Confirmation Email. A hotel confirmation email can also be provided by our Housing Bureau JTB if you have booked via the official booking site.
Schedule of Stay
A schedule of stay may be a required document for your visa application. Here is a link to this document, which you can complete personalized to your agenda on your visit to Japan. To assist you in this we recommend you consult the IASLC WCLC Program at a Glance.
IASLC does not take any responsibility for information provided on this website. It is ultimately the delegate’s responsibility to check with the Japanese Embassy in their country prior to attending IASLC WCLC 2017 to fulfill all visa requirements.